By scheduling and preparing to discuss important issues with your partner, you are setting your journey up for success. By making sure you and your partner are both ready to discuss important relationship issues you need to be emotionally and mentally ready – check yourself.
1. Are you emotionally ready?
- What kind of day have you had?
- Have your emotions been fairly neutral?
- Or have you experienced any high levels of sadness, anger, or joy?
- We recommend having discussions about your relationship on days where your emotions have been calm.
- Are you open to change?
- Are you comfortable practicing communication skills such as active listening and assertiveness?
- Is your mindset welcoming to honest discussion?
- There is no sense in trying to have a discussion if you’ve already made up your mind about everything related to your relationship.
Before you sit down to look at your relationship, answer these questions and you’ll have a better chance of building intimacy and understanding and achieving your relationship goals.
Tune in for more tips next week.
Do you need help with an issue or problem? Our approach helps to generate deep and productive conversations that couples would not otherwise have about their relationship. These conversations can restore insight and understanding about one another.
More tips at www.couplecheckup.com.au, tune in next week…
For more information on the use and analysis of the Couple Checkup or to simply use the tool, please contact: www.couplecheckup.com.au or call today (02) 9520 4049 #couplecheckup #relationship
Simply click on the Register button below relevant to your relationship – it couldn’t be easier. Once you have finished the questions you should receive your comprehensive personalised report in about 30 seconds.
The Couple Checkup generates deep and productive conversations that couples would not otherwise have about their relationship. These conversations restore insight and understanding about one another. The Couple Checkup can help to revive a relationship and increase intimacy.
The Couple Checkup is an online couple assessment based on the PREPARE/ENRICH couple inventories. The Checkup assessment and Checkup report are designed to go directly to couples at any stage of their relationship (dating, engaged or married). The online system allows for dynamic customization of the assessment to each couple based on how the couple answers background questions. The goal is for the Couple Checkup to reach a more diverse group of couples, to empower couples to deal with issues on their own and to emphasize prevention over remediation.